|Still no house...
||[Mar. 11th, 2010|12:03 pm]
Bank told us to write the escrow contract. Then told us they wouldn't tell us what would be acceptable.|
Then - try to guess whether or not I'm surprised - they decided they didn't like how it was written.
We may have straightened that out - maybe someone informed them that we live in the real world.
But now they want me to pay for housing inspections.
You know what? Fine. I don't care any more. But tomorrow, I'm deciding that this just isn't working. Either I have two dates, one for signing documents, one for closing, or, that's it, I'm done. I'll decide if I can make the other candidate work; if I can, great, I make it work - but I'm strongly tempted to get a loan from anyone-but-my-current-bank.
My agent was incorrect. It's not that the bank wants me to pay for housing inspections. They are insisting on all work being done, and then the contractor gets paid a single lump sum. So, I was wrong - they weren't informed that we live in the real world.
Doug's seeing if there's any way to salvage the deal. And my loan officer is feeling unappreciated because I pointed out that if I'd *known* the conditions, I could have worked with them.