?

Log in

No account? Create an account
So... - John [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
John

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

So... [Dec. 27th, 2009|11:46 am]
John
Christmas eve, I held my vigil, and decided which house to pursue. Hopefully on Monday, my acceptance of the counter offer will get signed all around, and we'll start moving forward.

I also reconnected spiritually in some ways - I'm hoping that begins a trend. (It damn well better - trying to close on a house is *not* a good time to be disconnected spiritually :-) .)

Christmas I took a walk to verify my decision, and I did - the housing near my other choice just isn't the housing that I like. It's not the kind of neighborhood layout that I like. I could live there - there's nothing *wrong* with it. But there's something there - it's like, the developers said "let's not let this thing evolve into a place like downtown Renton with well-defined blocks and corner stores and restaurants. Let's build a nice, insular little community, an inner sanctum for people seeking quiet from hectic city life." They don't want people just walking through the community on their way to somewhere else. Sometimes, they're even fenced in (not that someone couldn't get through or over the fence - but it would take effort).

Plus, there's one bus line that goes within a half-mile of my other choice, and it only runs Monday to Friday. If I wanted to have a shamanic circle, I'd have to invite only drivers or carpoolers. (What's that? You never knew I had any interest in hosting such a gathering, so much that I'd be concerned about how people got there? Neither did I. Mind you, I'm not exactly posting about the possibility on the local pagan boards yet, I'm just contemplating what's important. Still....)

So, Monday, I probably start asking my credit union for a huge amount of money, mail out a large check for earnest, and another for paying my inspector; inspection happens on Thursday.

I'm not sure if we can actually make my projected closing (mid month January), but we're going to try. And that means I'm suddenly going to be awfully busy packing and planning.
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: desert_dragon42
2009-12-27 09:33 pm (UTC)
best wishes that it all goes very well with no last minute bumps!

(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: johnpalmer
2009-12-28 04:31 pm (UTC)
Thank you - the reality of all of this is starting to sink in now :-).
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: kightp
2009-12-28 02:29 pm (UTC)
I'm excited at the prospect of getting to see the preferred house on Thursday. Do let me know if there's anything in particular you could use a second set of eyes on - and also whether you'd rather I not offer unsolicited opinions that might confuse the issue. You know how I can get... (-:
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: johnpalmer
2009-12-28 04:27 pm (UTC)
Well, I've been thinking that, if this one doesn't work out, it's probably time for me to regroup and go back to building up money. I just got word that my rent might be going down (I doubt by much), but that kinda reminds me that I'm committing a lot more money month to month to this if it works out.

So, if you see any deal killers, I'd like you to point them out. But I don't think there are any. Right now, there's the electrical (2 prongs instead of three in most rooms) that'll have to be fixed by closing, and then, whatever the inspector might find.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: kightp
2009-12-28 04:48 pm (UTC)
Will do (while trying to keep in mind that your deal-killers are likely very different from mine, and that I may go all *squeeee!!!* over things you don't even care about.)

We must remember to ask what's upstairs, and see if we can find out how it's accessed. Even if it's just an unfinished attic, your inspector should poke his nose up there to check for ceiling insulation and evidence of roof leaks.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)