||[May. 20th, 2005|10:16 am]
So... the plan for the weekend.|
1) finish work. Maybe decide that the four-five hours I've worked overtime are better taken as time off rather than time-and-a-half.
2) go grocery shopping. Make damn sure that I don't have to leave the house all weekend, except for a dose of sunshine or fresh air
3) Write as if all of my dreams will come true. Write as if I really have a chance to break through the lies and hatred. Write as if, were I to give up, I'd be handing my beloved home over to the trio of demons: lies, hatred, and contempt. Finish the writing, except for editing, polishing, and filler. Get the goddamned book proposal out the door before Monday morning, because it's not as if I don't have everything I need, and more, already.
4) Eat from time to time, sleep when necessary, and try to get some exercise and housecleaning done when I can use the time to think through a temporary block.
5) Write as if... oh, wait, already said that.
6) THERE IS NO... (If I have to continue, you won't get it).
7) Get bills paid, get letters (that aren't book proposals) mailed
8) Call mom
9) Forge in the smithy of my ... no, wait, that's James Joyce, I think. (Never mind. It's a cartoon Pat has on her refrigerator.)
10) Realize with ever increasing awe that I might start having a life again soon.
11) Be simultaneously appalled and amazed at all my obsessiveness, and all that I've done, since early November, 2004.